Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cross-Cultural Awareness Program (CCAP)


       Waaaa~~ I miss teaching cute Korean students in their school! I knew this program from Mbak Dini, thank you, sist! :") It was a great experience introducing Indonesian culture to the children and I was teaching from 2006 until 2009 (until I don't have time to do that again *sigh*).


       Cross-Cultural Awarness Program (CCAP) from UNESCO is a program to introduce the children about different culture, so that the children will aware of globalization era. In Busan, the program is managed by Busan Metropolitan City Office of Education. They invite foreigner as volunteer to give a short class about the culture of their country. I really love to do this. Children are sooooo adorable~! :")





       I love to teach elementary school student than junior or high school student! Even it is more difficult to make a joke with them, they more enthusiastic and enjoy the class. Also they always wonder and ask a lot of questions (sometimes silly though). The funniest question I ever had about Indonesia was do we also have comedian in Indonesia! (Korean comedian program was really famous that time) What a cute question!





       I love the part when I teach them simple Indonesian language! They pronounced it very well. I also usually have a game of '3-6-9/삼육구' in Indonesian after I taught them numbers in Indonesian. Cosplay part also can be a funniest part, because sometime I ask some students to have like a fashion show with Indonesian traditional clothes (batik) if we have many time left.





       After the class, usually some students gave me a small present, such as Korean souvenir or just a pictured drawn by them. But the most amazing present I got from a CCAP class was a 'performance'! Yeah, a performance! They prepared it to show to this foreign teacher. It was Korean traditional music performance in a medium-sized stage with me as the only one audience! I just felt like a princess of the day! :") The show was amazing!

       I wish someday I can make this kind of program, inviting international friends to introduce their culture to Indonesian students, so the students will understand culture diversity, proud of their culture and respect other people. :")





       아이가 아이를 좋아해용~ *grin*

2 comments:

lifelongstory said...

hi. i wanna ask something about go abroad to Korea :) where should i contact you? do you have twitter or facebook? :)

lifelongstory said...

if you have twitter account, please kindly mention me @jasminewhoop :) or my facebook account ihatebackstabber.hellyaaa@yahoo.com . really wait for ur information. thank you before :)