Thursday, July 21, 2011

[CouchSurfing] Treat Stranger As Friend :")


       Well, I'm sure I am not one of the most experienced or active member of CouchSurfing. I'm still a newbie, yet I really have a good time and enjoy the experience with CouchSurfing community. Here, I just want to share, because I hope this community become common, we can open our mind, understand each other, also create more friendly world. What's more beautiful than treat stranger as our own friend and being treated as a friend by stranger? :")




       It began when I was on a trip in Shanghai, Tante Yani told me about hospitality network. I didn't get the clear idea until I started to join HospitalityClub and CouchSurfing. It is a network which the member give a hospitality for other members (especially when travelling) by providing couch, time for guiding or only meet for tea, or just information you know about something, for free.

       Fortunately, we (I and my roommate, Amna), have a spare room in our house, so we can host travelers. Amna really support this idea. Yeah, she is super duper friendly roommate. You can hardly find the word 'stranger' in her dictionary! Just like one of CSer member say that you don't even need to go anywhere, the world will come to you! Yes, every traveler come with their own uniqueness and story. How wonderful~ :")

       I attached some pictures of me and Amna with CSer members. That's pity that I almost always forget to take the picture with our CSer guests or friends.

       Next semester, I and Amna will move to dormitory. It is sad that we won't be able to host anyone. I am sure we will miss any guests :"( But, I hope this experience won't stop and keep go on~ And hope we have chance to surf other CSer member places of our own. :")


With Elva from Taiwan


With Rachel and Shea from Incheon *ActuallyThey'reFromUS*


With Ulliel, a CS Indonesian fellow


With cute girls from Malaysia


With Huda from Korea and Noelle from France

       O yeah, I would like to thanks to CS founders and Jennifer in Daejon, really really great first host. :") Nb: The spare room is available under the support of Mbak Nindy, Om Maji and Andre.

No comments: