Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Terminal



Part of The Terminal movie that I like the most...

Viktor : So I go New York City?

Inspector : Uh-huh. You can go to New York City tonight.

But, you only get to go if we can establish a credible fear.

Viktor : Fear?

Inspector : Mm-hm, fear.

Viktor : Fear.

Inspector : Fear.

Viktor : From what?

Inspector : Well, that's the best part.

It doesn't matter what you're afraid of.

It's all the same to Uncle Sam.

So I'm going to ask you one question.

It's a simple question.

If you give me the correct answer, I can get you out of this airport tonight.

Viktor : So, I answer one question. Go to New York City. Tonight.

Inspector : Tonight.

Viktor : Ok.

Inspector : Ok. All right. Do you, at this time, have any fear of returning to your own country?

Viktor : No.

Inspector : .....

OK. Let me try it again.

Your country's at war.

Viktor : Yes. War.

Inspector : There are men in the streets with guns. Political persecution.

Viktor : Yes. It's terrible.

Inspector : Yeah, it's horrible.

And God only knows what could happen. Right?

Innocent people are torn from their beds.

Viktor : On Tuesdays. I hate Tuesdays.

Inspector : Yeah, yeah. So you're afraid.

Viktor : From what?

Inspector : Krakozhia. You're afraid of Krakozhia.

Viktor : Krakozhia?

No, I am not afraid from Krakozhia. I'm a little afraid of this room.

Inspector : I'm talking about bombs.

I'm talking about human dignity.

I'm talking about human rights.

Viktor, please don't be afraid to tell me you're afraid of Krakozhia.

Viktor : Is home. I am not afraid from my home.

Inspector : .....

Viktor : So? I go to New York City now?

Inspector : No.

Viktor : No?

OK. I'm a.. I'm afraid from ghosts.

I'm a.. I'm afraid from shark.

Inspector: ......


Yeah,, home is home,, no matter how it is,,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah jadi pengen liat patung pangeran kecil...
ai apa kabar? gimana kuliahnya, sudah masuk semster baru?
sukses kuliahnya. kapan lulusnya dan balik ke jkt, hehehe...